Sunday, April 09, 2006

Mandisa off of American Idol

Ok, I was really shocked by this one. I have been in support of Mandisa from the beginning. She is a Christian, and she is big and beautiful. I have always voted for her, even though Chris is my favorite. (I voted for both) I have always felt the body of Christ has to stick together.
When she was elimintated, there was a weird silence and something strange going on in the audience....what the heck happened? I have heard some rumors about racial slurs, but have not yet found out what really happened.
I found out via an internet search, that Mandisa was likely voted off for being Christian and having her personal idol be Christian author Beth Moore, who is also my personal choice for my american idol.
Beth Moore was quoted as being "lecturer and anti-gay author" instead of "Christian author." I see that now being a Christian is the same thing as being "anti-gay."
I suppose we could go around calling pro choicers, anti-lifers, or calling those who aren't Christian, "anti-christian, or anti-god, or anti-morals".
But, we, as Christians, would likely be crucifed for saying things like that.
Anyhow, I guess I am just really irritated that someone would be voted off of Idol for their religious beliefs.

0 comments: